[ncl-talk] how to add text on a XY-plot

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 23 14:43:56 MDT 2015

My guess is that the text is appearing on the next page because you haven't
turned off the "frame" advance that all the gsn_csm_xxxx main plotting
scripts have on by default.

If you look at xy_20.ncl, you'll see that it has this resource:

    res1 at gsnFrame      = False

This tells NCL *not* to advance to the next page after gsn_csm_x2y2 is
called, which allows you to add text to the same page. Then, when you are
done drawing to that page, you need to call the "frame" procedure:

frame(wks)

--Mary