[ncl-talk] netcdf TFLAG dimension

Luo, Chao chao.luo at eas.gatech.edu
Thu Sep 17 16:43:09 MDT 2015

Hi, here is what I did.

---------------------------

begin

fin = addfile(METCRO2D_148x112_20110701,"r")
ncdf      = addfile(out.nc,"c")

global_attnames = getvaratts(fin) ;-- retrieve the global attributes from input file
do i=0,dimsizes(global_attnames)-1
ncdf@$global_attnames(i)$ = fin@$global_attnames(i)$ ;-- write globalattribute to new netcdf file
end do

names    = getfilevarnames(fin); extract all variable names

;do i = 0, dimsizes(names)-1
do i = 0, 1                 ; write out two variable
ncdf->$names(i)$ = fin->$names(i)$
end do

end

--------------------------

But the dimensions of output netcdf file (out.nc) still are:

dimensions:
        TSTEP = UNLIMITED ; // (25 currently)
        DATE-TIME = 2 ;
        LAY = 1 ;
        VAR = 40 ;
        ROW = 112 ;
        COL = 148 ;

The dimensions of output file should be:

dimensions:
        TSTEP = UNLIMITED ; // (25 currently)
        DATE-TIME = 2 ;
        LAY = 1 ;
        VAR = 2 ;
        ROW = 112 ;
        COL = 148 ;

I don't know how to change VAR = 40 to VAR = 2 in output file.

Thanks very much,

Chao