[ncl-talk] ESMF regrids data with missing values

Zhifeng Yang yangzf01 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 09:35:25 MDT 2015

Hi Dennis,

Sorry for late reply. I just missed your email and didn't respond it.

Here are the variables that I interpolate using ESMF.

Variable (CALIOP_cf_yearly) before using ESMF:

Variable: CALIOP_cf_yearly
Type: float
Total Size: 259200 bytes
            64800 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes:    [180] x [360]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 1
  _FillValue :    -9999
(0)    min=0.00341297   max=1

Variable (CALIOPg_cf_yearly) after using ESMF:

Variable: CALIOPg_cf_yearly
Type: float
Total Size: 65884 bytes
            16471 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes:    [91] x [181]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 1
  _FillValue :    -9999
(0)    min=0.0176868   max=1

Both of them have the attribute "_FillValue: -9999". Actually what I am
doing is to interpolate the 1*1degree grids to 2*2 degree grids.

Thank you
Zhifeng