[ncl-talk] Overlay contours

Yann Bertrand yann74 at yahoo.fr
Tue Sep 8 22:45:04 MDT 2015

Dear users,
I try to overlay a contour over another contour.My problem is :when I overlay I can only see the last (in order) contour.I have tried to use  :prec_res at cnFillOpacityF = .7
it not works as i would expect, colors are merged,I would like to really have "prec_plot" over "to_plot".In my color triplet for prec_plot, when data=0 white color is (user) defined, not transpartent, is the problem there ?.
Here is a part of my code :
res at mpOutlineDrawOrder    = "PostDraw"
res at gsnDraw  = Falseres at gsnFrame = Falseplot = gsn_csm_map(wks,res)
gsn_define_colormap(wks, to_colors) ; RGB triplet user defined
to_plot = gsn_csm_contour(wks, to_cloud,to_res)
gsn_define_colormap(wks, prec_color) ; RGB triplet user definedprec_plot = gsn_csm_contour(wks,prec,prec_res)

overlay (plot, to_plot)overlay (plot, prec_plot)draw(plot)