[ncl-talk] WG: extra colors around plotted objects

paraskevi.giannakaki at giub.unibe.ch paraskevi.giannakaki at giub.unibe.ch
Mon Sep 7 05:07:48 MDT 2015

Dear all,

I want to make a plot using a threshold of 15 (so everything less than 15 is equal to zero). When I make the plots, around the fileds which survive the thresholding process there are colors of the colormap which has to do with values less than 15. In the example I send you (GRADPV.png), there are blue and skyblue contours around my fields which should not be there. I want to keep the entire color-table, so I do not want to change my color scale to start from 15. Any ideas about what's wrong with the plots and how can I fix this?? You will find enclosed my ncl script and the file I used for the plot.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Paraskevi Giannakaki , PhD
Climate impact group,
Institute of Geography, University of Bern
Hallerstrasse 12, 5th floor
CH-3012 Bern
Mail: paraskevi.giannakaki at giub.unibe.ch