[ncl-talk] eof function

Maria Gehne - NOAA Affiliate maria.gehne at noaa.gov
Fri Sep 4 13:02:32 MDT 2015

Very likely that's where the difference comes from. Have you checked the
Ferret documentation to see how the EOFs are normalized there? The variance
is different as well. How does Ferret compute the singular value
decomposition?

Again, have you looked at the time series? Do those have a different
amplitude?

In any case for both Ferret and NCL you should be able to reconstruct the
whole data set using the EOFs, PCs, and singular values. Have you tried
doing that?

Maria