[ncl-talk] Help with creating a script for precipitation stored in shapefiles

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 2 11:56:20 MDT 2015

Hi Carlos,

Attached is a small script, adapted from shapefiles example #2, that will
plot your station data as point markers, color by the variable Globvalues.
I'm not sure whether Globvalues is the variable of interest, but hopefully
you get the idea.  As it stands, its not a very interesting plot, because
the data range is quite small, and the point data so dense that the points
overwrite previous points.  (Its also quite slow!).  However, if you adjust
the map range to your area of interest, it may look more interesting.

I hope that helps...
Rick