[ncl-talk] Wrfoutput plots empty workstation

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 29 11:31:00 MDT 2015

Afwande,

I forgot to mention that you don't want to *xxx*@gsnFrame and *xxx*@gsnDraw
to False.  This is not necessary in your case.

If this still doesn't fix your problem, then in addition to the data file,
which I already requested, please email me a new copy of your script, so I
can try it here.

--Mary

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 9:55 AM, afwande juliet <afwandej965 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> thanks
> Mary and Dennis,
> I have tried both suggestions from Dennis and Mary but it doesn't plot.
> The workstation is opened with no plot and error message. I have checked
> the data and realized it has only upto 18hours run but whatever the case
> there should be a plots
>
> thanks
>
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 7:54 AM, Mary Haley <haley at ucar.edu> wrote:
>
>> Afwande,
>>
>> My guess is that your script never got past this line, because NCL
>> doesn't know what type of file your wrf output file is:
>>
>>   a = addfile("./wrfout_d01_2000-04-01_06:00:00","r")
>>
>> Didn't your script give you an error when you tried to run it?
>>
>> You need to add a ".nc" to the end of the filename (note: is NOT
>> necessary to rename the file itself), so that NCL knows to open it as a
>> NetCDF file:
>>
>>   a = addfile("./wrfout_d01_2000-04-01_06:00:00.nc","r")
>>
>> --Mary
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 5:27 AM, afwande juliet <afwandej965 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear NCL users,
>>>  I am trying to plot wrf output for temp, u and v wind  dewpoint temp in
>>> one plot but i only get empty workstation, could someone help me know why .
>>> I am using script from WRF-NCL page and the runs is for about 13days of
>>> 3hourly. I have attached the script
>>> thanks