[ncl-talk] Filter, filwgts_lanczos

yang yang yang.yang816 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 15:42:54 MDT 2015

Hi Dennis:

Thanks for your help!

*In *filwgts_lanczos  a parameter, *fca* should be given. That is a scalar
indicating the cut-off frequency of the ideal high or low-pass filter: (0.0
< *fca* < 0.5). In a 1-D spatial data, I want to filter out small scale or
wavelength waves. For my case, I think that fca should be wavelength or
wave numbers, instead of frequency. Suppose I have 300 data with regular
100 m spatial interval. I would to remove wavelength smaller than 500
m. How to set fca to do the filtering? Thanks!

Regards
Ed