[ncl-talk] probability over xy plot

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 20 09:57:42 MDT 2015

Sun,

There was no attached figure.

It would help if you explain what you mean by "they are not working".  Do
you mean the markers are not showing up?
When you use gsn_add_polymarker, this only attaches the markers to the plot
and it doesn't draw them at that point. You then have to draw the plot in
order to see both the markers and the plot.

gsn_polymarker_ndc is usually for putting markers *outside* of your plot,
for example, to define a legend.  This procedure requires that you use unit
values (from 0.0 to 1.0) to specify the location of your markers.

Please see our examples page for more details:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/polyg.shtml

If you continue to have problems, please include the image and a script if
possible.