[ncl-talk] Need Help

Jack Ogaja jack.ogaja at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 04:20:32 MDT 2015

Assuming that ‘everything’ else in your code is correct, the snippet(of your code) below simply explains your concern;

****
  do it = 0,ntimes-1	        ;Loop for the time: it= starting time
   time = it
    	…
          ; Calculate Wind Speed from Vectors
        	  spd = (u_plane*u_plane + v_plane*v_plane)^(0.5)
         	 windspd0(it)=spd(x,y) ;<=== instantaneous[compare to “dir0” below]

          ; Wind direction at 0 Meters
       		r2d = 45.0/atan(1.0)            ; conversion factor (radians to degrees)
       		dir = atan2(u_plane,v_plane) * r2d + 180
       		dir0 = dir(x,y)        ;<=== is always overwritten[compare to “windspd0(it)” above]
 ****
i.e. your directions will always be the last direction calculated in the loop.

Jack.