[ncl-talk] memory limit for gsn_csm_contour_map of large triangulate mesh?

Ivica Janeković ivica.jan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 09:53:11 MDT 2015

Dear support,
I am trying to contour field from my finite element model and seems I
hit the limit with number of elements/nodes.
The grid has 820k nodes and 1,4m elements; when using
gsn_csm_contour_map it plots just randomly picked triangles. The same
script is working fine for smaller grids (so script I believe is fine).
I have the latest ncl version (6.3.0) on debian 64 with a
lots of memory (32G).

Is there limit on the number of nodes/elems to plot within ncl, and if
there is how to expand?

Thanks in advance,
Ivica