[ncl-talk] Map contour in black

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sun Oct 4 22:37:54 MDT 2015

Mariana,

I assume that you must be calling one of the wrf plotting routines, or else
calling wrf_map_resources?  If so, these routines are setting the thickness
of the map outlines to 0.5, making them much thinner.

For starters, setting mpLandFillColor and mpDefaultFillCOlor won't have any
effect, because this only works if mpFillOn is set to True, which it is not
in this case.  What you want to set are all the mpXXXLineThicknessF
resources, along with the mpXXXLineColor resources:

  res at mpGeophysicalLineColor      = "Black"
  res at mpNationalLineColor         = "Black"
  res at mpGeophysicalLineThicknessF = 2.0   ; default is 1.0
  res at mpNationalLineThicknessF    = 2.0

--Mary