[ncl-talk] ncl-talk post from andrew.kren at noaa.gov requires approval

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 24 12:17:41 MST 2015

The reason you are not seeing state outlines is because you are using the
"HighRes" map database, and this database includes coastal outlines only.

I suggest using the MediumRes map database instead. Or, if you need both
the coastlines and the map outlines, then you can draw the map twice: first
with the filled high-res coastal boundaries, and then with the state
outlines (no fill).

Also, you have the outlines drawn in the "draw" phase, and the fill drawn
in the "postdraw" phase, which means your fill is potentially going to
cover your outlines, depending on what outlines you've specified.  I
suggest swapping these two so that the outlines are drawn in the "postdraw"
phase.

See the attached script and resultant PNG.

If you need both state outlines and high-res coastal outlines