[ncl-talk] PDF contour map

Marston Johnston shejo284 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 16:29:30 MST 2015

Hi,

I am trying to display some trajectories using the examples in
NCL plot types. However, I have too many storm tracks (on the order of 65000) to give a
good trajectory plot. I was wondering if it is possible to a density plot of the
trajectories, kind of a PDF but geo-referenced on world map?

I played around with pdfxy using 1 deg lat lon of the globe as inputs
but this result didn’t work. The pdf max was too low, which means that
I’m doing something incorrect.
As anyone done this before and could give me some tips?

Thanks in advance,
/Marston