[ncl-talk] RasterFill and MissingValFill

Evelyn Grell - NOAA Affiliate evelyn.grell at noaa.gov
Tue Nov 17 14:50:39 MST 2015

Hi,

I am plotting cross-sections and was filling the area below ground with a
gray fill, more or less representing the terrain.  This seemed to be
working fine until I plotted a field using cnFillMode  = "RasterFill".  In
that case, the "missing" perimeter line is in the same place, but the gray
fill does not cover the entire area under the perimeter line.  See attached
plots.
Since I would like to compare plots -- some with rasterfill and some with
the default areafill, it is awkward to explain why the terrain looks
different.  Is there a way around this?  I can remove the perimeter line,
but the gray-filled area is different.

Relevant resources:

     res at cnMissingValPerimOn     = True
     res at cnMissingValFillColor   = "gray"
     res at cnMissingValFillPattern = 0

The only difference between plots is whether this line is used:
     resDBZ at cnFillMode      = "RasterFill"

Thanks,
Evelyn