[ncl-talk] plot with irregular latitude

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 13 14:50:27 MST 2015

Hi Clotilde

The following indicate that you have 'curvilinear' coordinates.

  lat2d    = f->nav_lat              ; (y,x)
  lon2d   = f->nav_lon             ; (y,x)

If you want a (depth x latitude) at a constant longitude, my
suggestion is to regrid to a rectilinear grid. The advantage of the
rectilinear grid is the you can use the 'natural' coordinates of the
grid rather than subscript indices.

====

I don't have your data file but I changed  some existing scripts.
Hopefully, they will work for you.
They may have a few errors because I can not test them.

[1] PSY_esmf.ncl
     Generate a weight file and a sample plot (lat,lon).
     I suggest the you make the generated rectilinear grid at about
the same resolution of the source file.

[2] PSY.regrid_wgts.ncl
     Use the weight file generated in [1]
     This file can be for other regridings also. It is quite fast.

See also

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/toulouse.shtml

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/pop.shtml

Cheers