[ncl-talk] Triangular mesh

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Nov 11 08:38:55 MST 2015

It looks like you may have a version of NCL that wasn't built with the
"Triangle" package.

Here's how to test if you have the triangle code built into your version of
NCL. From the same window that you normally run ncl from, type:

nm $NCARG_ROOT/bin/ncl | grep _triangletraverse​

You should see something like this:

00000001004b43c2 T _triangletraverse

If you don't, then you don't have triangle built into your version of NCL.
Did you build NCL from source code?  If so, please read this, which tells
you how to get the triangle package. It's pretty easy to add to the
software.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/build_from_src.shtml#Triangle

​If you are using a version of NCL that was pre-built and downloaded from
the ESG website, then triangle will be built into the code.

If you do have triangle built into your ncl and are still seeing this
message, then please provide a script and data that shows the problem.  If
your data is large, then you can use our ftp:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/report_bug.shtml#HowToFTP

--Mary