[ncl-talk] Get two different results from Matlab and NCL

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 9 16:33:20 MST 2015

As has been mentioned many times on ncl-talk. The golden rule of data
processing is *look at your data*. ("examine your data"!!!)

If you had done so, you would have seen that the source array had
90361 missing values (_FillValue).

[1]
Matlab must silently interpolate/extrapolate to these values. I am not
sure that I would consider that a good thing.

[2]
NCL can interp/extrapolate also. However, the user must explicitly
invoke the interpolation procedures. At least the user knows what type
of interpolation has been used.