[ncl-talk] About Hodograph

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 6 09:11:35 MST 2015

Hi Soares,
It looks to me like all you attached are functions. I do not see a script
that calls the hodograph function for instance. You need to call hodograph
from another NCL script, passing in the workstation, an array of the wind
speed, an array of the direction, and a resource list.

For an example of how to do this, refer to a ncl-talk question from a
couple weeks back:
http://mailman.ucar.edu/pipermail/ncl-talk/2015-October/004199.html

And see the second attachment on that page:
http://mailman.ucar.edu/pipermail/ncl-talk/attachments/20151022/9bdf6ef5/attachment.obj

Coincidentally, this script holds a function that creates a hodograph
(named create_one_station_plot), and that function is called at the bottom
of the main script.

Note that you do not have to use the ncl-talk script to do what you want.
This just provides an example where someone was creating hodographs by
calling a function external to the main script.

Finally, no, at present there are not any hodograph examples on the NCL
website.

Hope that helps. If not, or if you have any further questions, please
respond to the ncl-talk email list.
Adam

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 12:07 AM, isakhar sakhar isakhar <
isakhar.inside13 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear NCL Talk Team
>
> I want to plot Hodograph by using 2 files in attahment but I did not see
> anything, no plotting.
>
> I tried also to find hodograph in website "
> https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ " but I could not see it.
>
> Can someone help me how to plot wind speed and direction in Hodographs?
>
> Thank you,
> Soares

Adam Phillips