[ncl-talk] Use the same data, but got two different results based on Matlab and NCL

Wang, Chao cxw151530 at utdallas.edu
Wed Nov 4 10:45:44 MST 2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Chao. I am a PhD student in University of Texas at Dallas. Recently I am using NCL to open a grib2 file downloaded from NOAA NOMADS. And I used asciiwrite function to write the variables into ASCII files. Then I opened these files on Matlab used quiver function to draw the picture (quiver(Longitude, Latitude, Ugrd, Vgrd)). But I got the picture very different from the one I got from NCL. This is the script I used to draw the picture