[ncl-talk] Wrfoutput plots empty workstation

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 2 13:18:33 MST 2015

Thanks for providing the data and script.

First, I was unable to even run your script because of this line:

  times = wrf_user_getvar(a,"Time",-1)  ; get all times in the file

There is no variable "Time" on the file.

I fixed this with:

  times  = wrf_user_list_times(a)
  ntimes = dimsizes(times)         ; number of times in the file
  printVarSummary(times)

Second, I was unable to read "slp" off the file, because apparently you
have some invalid data around time step index 94. I got an error:

Troubles finding level  100 above ground.
Problems first occur at (   1,   1)
Surface pressure =    0.0 hPa.
STOP Error_in_finding_100_hPa_up

In order to debug this, instead of trying to read "slp" for all time steps
at once, I moved the "slp" code to inside the do loop, so I could retrieve
slp for one timestep at a time.  This is the timestep where it failed:

     Working on time: 2000-04-12_21:00:00
     STOP Error_in_finding_100_hPa_up
     Troubles finding level  100 above ground.
     Problems first occur at (   1,   1)
     Surface pressure =    0.0 hPa.

This is something that wrfhelp at ucar.edu (cc'ed here) may be able to help
you with.  I've attached the modified version of your code, so you can at
least see that your script appears to be working for the earlier time steps.

--Mary