[ncl-talk] Skip files

Stavros Dafis sdafis at cc.uoi.gr
Mon Nov 2 04:38:43 MST 2015

Hello, I am facing a problem with opening multiple netCDF files. I want to open
30 files, each for one day of a month but one day is missing. I do the
following because the files are listed according to Julian days:

datei=2006276  ;first day
datef=2006304  ;last day

do dd=datei,datef
  files = systemfunc (" ls  /folder/files_v2.1.0_"+ dd +"*.nc")
  numfiles = dimsizes(files)
  if (numfiles.gt.0) then
  print("Going to work on " + numfiles + " CLOUDS ")

  if(.not.any(ismissing(files))) then

I just inserted the last if statement but is not working. Do I have to make a
loop to overcome this problem or is there a ready command for opening multiple
files and skip some of them?

regards,

--
Stavros Dafis
MSc student Atmospheric Sciences and Environment
e-mails: sdafis at noa.gr or dafis91 at yahoo.gr or sdafis at cc.uoi.gr
Weather charts: http://www.metar.gr
http://www.meteovolos.gr