[ncl-talk] Missing grid lines at zero degree

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed May 27 07:31:12 MDT 2015

Hi all,

Unfortunately, gsnAddCyclic isn't seen by gsn_coordinates. This is an
omission that should be fixed. I'll make a ticket for this.

Meanwhile, you can try the gsn_add_cyclic_point function, which is
unadvertised (and hence not guaranteed to live forever). This function
increases the input array by 1 point in the longitude dimension and it
increases the longitude array associated with it. I think it should work
with coordinate arrays and lat2d/lon2d attributes.

  pres                   = True

  pres at gsnCoordsAsLines  = True        ; Default is points

  pres at gsLineThicknessF  = .1

  pres at gsLineColor       = "Gray25"

  pres at gsnCoordsAttach  = True

  gsn_coordinates(wks,plot1,gsn_add_cyclic_point(vMTemp),pres)

I didn't actually try this (because I'm running out the door as I type
this), so let me know if it doesn't work.

--Mary