[ncl-talk] Bug report: Example vector_1.ncl

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sun May 24 10:25:23 MDT 2015

Hi Dave,

This bug should be fixed in the 6.3.1 release of NCL, no scheduled date yet.

If you need the fix now, then I've attached new versions of gsn_code.ncl
and gsn_csm.ncl, that will only work with NCL V6.3.0. You can put them in
your own personal directory and load them explicitly with the "load"
command.

The issue is that some internal code was changed so that the vectors would
be overlaid on the contours, and not vice versa, but then the other code
wasn't changed to reflect that the base plot is now a vector plot and not a
contour plot.

--Mary