[ncl-talk] fatal:systemfunc: cannot create child process

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Fri May 15 13:58:28 MDT 2015

Hi,

That's coming from a line of code that tries to test that the output
directory for the plot exists and is writeable.  It does so by creating a
subprocess to perform the tests.  The errno=12 indicates there was not
enough memory on your system to create the child process.  Without knowing
anything about your system, its difficult to say why, but perhaps too many
concurrent users or too many running processes, or memory-intensive
processes?

RB