[ncl-talk] Contour lines with a color bar?

Alan Brammer abrammer at albany.edu
Tue May 12 08:12:26 MDT 2015

​How to find the answer as well as the answer:
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/lb.shtml#lbLabelBarOn

​"​
This resource may be intercepted or disabled by:

   - *PlotManager*
   <https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/HLUs/Classes/PlotManager.shtml>

​"
ok so the plot manager must be intercepting or disabling the labelbar.
Follow the link and look for relevant Labelbar options.

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/pm.shtml#pmLabelBarDisplayMode

​so if you set it to always it will force it to be created. ​

 res at pmLabelBarDisplayMode = "Always"

This worked for me, maybe there is a better way though.

Alan