[ncl-talk] Plotting climate division and counties at the same time

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Tue May 12 05:14:54 MDT 2015

Hi Ling,

This is a tough one -- off hand it looks like a classic issue of mixing two
disparate geodata sources of very different scales/resolutions, which
typically incur alignment/registration issues. If that's what is going on,
I don't think there's much you can really do about it. Do you know what are
the relative scales of the different sources?   Is there a reason to
believe the climate division boundaries would align with the county
(political) boundaries? (e.g., are they semi-arbitrarily defined that way
for convenience?)

Rick