[ncl-talk] How to shorten the distance between sub-plot without showing the tmYLLabels?

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Mon May 11 22:58:44 MDT 2015

Hi Lin,
By default NCL uses the space allocated to the first panel plot as the
space used for all other panel plots. In your case the labeling on the left
Y axis makes the first plot much bigger than the other plots. You can tell
NCL to use the space allocated to any other paneled plot by setting
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/gsn.shtml#gsnPanelScalePlotIndex>gsnPanelScalePlotIndex
= 1 in your panel resource list. See example #24 here:
www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml#ex24

The (more direct ) way to modify the locations of paneled plots is to use
the output from gsnPanelDebug to set the X/Y locations of each panel
individually. See example #19 here:
www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml#ex19

Hope that helps. If not, please respond to the ncl-talk email list.
Adam

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 9:28 AM, 林祥 <xianglin72 at icloud.com> wrote:

> Hi, all
>

>        I made 5 plots and panel them into a figures. I don't want to show
> the Labels for the left Y Axis of these plots except for
>
> the leftmost one, however,  the distances  between these plots seem too
> large (See the attached eps files).  Anyone can help me
>
> to shorten the distance between these plots?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Lin

Adam Phillips