[ncl-talk] hdf5 variable extraction error

Matt Masarik mattmasarik at boisestate.edu
Mon May 11 22:27:22 MDT 2015

Hi,
I'm reading in some satellite data from an hdf5 file and am getting the
following error when trying to extract a 2-D variable:

fatal:_NclOneDValCoordDataCreate: Number of dimensions is greater than one,
could not create coordinate data object

I'm following the procedure on the Reading and Writing HDF5 page and am
using these commands:

ncl 0>  setfileoption("h5", "FileStructure", "Advanced")
ncl 1>  fn = "smap.h5"
ncl 2>  fi = addfile(fn, "r")
ncl 3>  g = fi=>Sigma0_Data   ; also tried   g = fi=>/Sigma0_Data   not
sure of the difference
ncl 4> s = g->cell_sigma0_hh_aft

It's on this step of trying to extract the variable (cell_sigma0_hh_aft)
from the group handle (g) that I'm getting the error.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Matt