[ncl-talk] how to get the dimension size in netcdf file

LeiTing leiting2002 at hotmail.com
Mon May 11 18:14:59 MDT 2015

Hi, Dennis,
Thanks a lot for your involvement. Yes, as Dave pointed out, both
getvardims(f)  and  getfiledimsizes(f) work fine. However, I'm seeking a function,
like , getfiledims(f,"Lat") , which will give me the number of the dimension "Lat" in the netcdf file.
This seems not available yet.
 I hope I make my problem clear enough this time and sorry for any confusions in previous emails.
Best wishes,
Ting