[ncl-talk] Reconstruction from Varimax REOF

Ipsita Putatunda ipsita.putatunda at gmail.com
Mon May 11 15:06:17 MDT 2015

Dear NCL users,
       Am doing varimax roatation of first three EOFs with my data using
"eofunc_varimax_Wrap" function, and then trying to reconstruct the plot
using "eof2data" function.

*eof=eofunc_Wrap(x,neof,optEOF)  eof_ts=eofunc_ts(x,eof,False)
eof_rot=eofunc_varimax_Wrap(eof,1)*

As after rotation the "eof_rot" am getting is the subset of the data, while
"eof_ts" is for the entire time series, so here am mixing my data.

*rec=eof2data(eof_roto,eof_tso) {Here am making mistake}*
Is there any way to use "eof_rot" (instead of "eof") to get the
reconstructed plot using ncl?
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ipsita