[ncl-talk] Fwd: Re: Tick mark size in contour plots

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu May 7 14:29:42 MDT 2015

The base plot, which is the first plot in the "overlay" call, is the one
that's going to provide the tickmarks, and not the plot that's being
overlaid.

So, try setting the tmXXX resources inside the "create" block for the
logLin plot:

  ll_dthdy_x = create "ll" logLinPlotClass wks
    "vpXF"         : vpx
    "vpYF"         : vpy
    "vpWidthF"     : vpw
    "vpHeightF"    : vph
    "trXMinF"      : xmin_plot
    "trXMaxF"      : xmax_plot
    "trYMinF"      : ymin_plot
    "trYMaxF"      : ymax_plot
    "tmYLLabelFontHeightF:  : 0.015    ; or whatever value you want
    "tmXBLabelFontHeightF:  : 0.015    ; or whatever value you want
    "pmTickMarkDisplayMode" : "always"
  end create

--Mary