[ncl-talk] confidence interval on a regression line

Will Hobbs Will.Hobbs at utas.edu.au
Tue May 5 15:41:23 MDT 2015

Debasish

This is a stats issue, not an issue with NCL.

Your x points span zero; at x =  0, then yReg, yReg_1 and yReg_2 ALL equal rc at yintercept. The intersecting cones of uncertainty that you see in your plot are a correct representation of the uncertainty in rc. If you don't want them to intersect then you will need to include the uncertainty in your second estimated parameter, i.e. intercept.

Will