[ncl-talk] NCL Workshops at U.S. universities

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue May 5 14:41:00 MDT 2015

This email is to remind NCL users about the opportunity for hosting an NCL
workshop at a U.S. university or college.

We have taught 77 workshops since February 2000, with 17 of these being at
U.S. universities.

The workshops are generally 3.5 days in length, with 3 morning lectures, 3
afternoon intensive hands-on labs, and an optional 1/2 day hands-on lab.
Here's a sample schedule:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Training/Workshops/schedule.shtml

The focus in the hands-on labs is on having students bring their own
datasets of interest, and we help each student generate one or more NCL
scripts for analyzing their data.

We do not charge for these workshops, but we may ask that universities help
cover some of the travel costs, if possible.  We do have extra funds for
workshops held in EPSCoR states, or for MSIs (minority serving
institutions).

If you are interested in hosting an NCL workshop at your university, please
see this page:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Training/Workshops/hosting_workshop.shtml

Feel free to email me with any questions.

--Mary Haley