[ncl-talk] Aura MLS Data

Verena Lili verena.prick at gmail.com
Fri May 1 00:25:00 MDT 2015

Thanks Dennis and Thomas,
some questions regarding this:

1. How realible the regrindding data produced from ESMF bilinear
interpolation, I tried to asked MLS team to provide Aura level 3 data, but
they said different people in the team used different software to
interpolate this.

2. How can I split the "xp_regrid" in the code into an array lat and lon,
because in the end I want to save the regriding output as a function of
level, lat and lon.

Thanks.

Dr. Verena.

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 12:03 AM, Dennis Shea <shea at ucar.edu> wrote:

> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/HDF.shtml
>
> hdf5eos_3a.ncl
> <http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/hdf5eos_3a.ncl>:     Note
> the '3a'
>
> Good luck
>

> On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 6:32 AM, Thomas Tobian <thomastobian at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Verena,
>>
>> Have a look at this example:
>> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/hdf5eos_3.ncl
>> Good luck.
>>
>> Thomas
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 9:16 PM, Verena Lili <verena.prick at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> HI everyone,
>>>
>>> Anyone has experience in converting Aura MLS data into standard fixed
>>> grid data?
>>> Attached is an example file, I'd like to produced the O3 mxing ration
>>> data as a function of lat, lon and level.
>>> It the website it says that:
>>>
>>>  "The data are stored in the version 5 EOS Hierarchical Data Format
>>> (HDF-EOS5), which is based on the version 5 Hierarchical Data Format, or
>>> HDF5. Each file contains two swath objects (one with profile data, the
>>> other with column data), each with a set of data and geolocation fields,
>>> swath attributes, and metadata."
>>>
>>> can anyone give  hint how to convert this data correctly by ncl?
>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Dr. Verena

Regards,
Dr. Verena.
School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences
Stony Brook University
homepage: http://www.somas.stonybrook.edu/