[ncl-talk] Problem with an example

Kyle Griffin ksgriffin2 at wisc.edu
Fri Mar 20 13:24:51 MDT 2015

Mateus,

Have you installed the RANGS high-resolution map files?

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/rangs.shtml

This additional installation must be performed before you can use the
"HighRes" resolution.

This is also noted in the example you were working with, including an
acceptable work-around:

;---Use high-res map database. Set to "MediumRes" if you don't have high-res db.
  mpres at mpDataBaseVersion = "HighRes"

Hope this helps...

Kyle

Kyle S. Griffin
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Room 1421
1225 W Dayton St, Madison, WI 53706
Email: ksgriffin2 at wisc.edu