[ncl-talk] Lat_Time plot

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Mon Mar 16 10:28:18 MDT 2015

Hi Noah,
The error message is saying that there is something potentially wrong with
your latitude values. So I would start by doing a printVarSummary of your
plotted array. Look closely at the latitudes.

If they are index values (just a guess on my part) then you will need to
create and assign a new latitude coordinate variable to your plotted array.
You can try using latGlobeF for this:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/latGlobeF.shtml

Finally, take a good look at the data once it is plotted. If coordinate
variables are missing or incorrect for the regridded array it could be a
sign that there might be something wrong with the interpolation process.

Hope that helps! If not, or if you have further questions, please respond
to the ncl-talk list (and not me individually) so that others can assist.
Adam

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 9:42 AM, Kerandi, Noah Misati (IMK) <
noah.kerandi at kit.edu> wrote:

> Dear all,
> Somebody with a suggestion how to solve this warning? I was attempting a
> simple Latitude-Time plot but i got this warning:
> "(0)    get_lat_values: Warning: Your latitude values do not fall between
> -90 and 90 inclusive.
> (0)     You will not get 'nice' latitude labels."
> The WRF output is interpolated on the CRU grid.
> Please if you have an idea share it with me.
> Thank you.
>

> Noah M. Kerandi
> KIT-Campus Alpin
> IMK-IFU: Atmospheric Environmental Research
> Kreuzeckbahnstr. 19,
> 82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen
> Germany

Adam Phillips