[ncl-talk] Need help for extracting the polygon average value for a parameter from wrfoutput file using shapefile

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sun Mar 1 12:39:42 MST 2015

You need to subscribe to ncl-talk before you can post:

There are two examples that do averages based on outlines in a shaepfile.
See examples "Germany_coastal_counties_DEU_adm.ncl
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/Germany_coastal_counties_DEU_adm.ncl>"
and "shapefiles_13.ncl" at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/shapefiles.shtml

for an example of what you are trying to do. The shapefiles_14.ncl example
on that page uses WRF data, so you may want to look at this one too,
although it doesn't do an average.

If you have further questions about this, please subscribe to ncl-talk and
post there.

--Mary