[ncl-talk] Question about plotting multiple time series

Alan Brammer abrammer at albany.edu
Thu Jun 18 08:57:01 MDT 2015

Step 1. Make sure your data are all on a common coordinate (time).  If they
have different temporal resolution make sure they are all using the same
units.
cd_convert()

Step 2. For variables with comparable dimensions you can throw them all at
the plotting routine at once. e.g.
plot = gsn_csm_xy(wks, var1&time, (/var1, var2, var3, var4,var5/), res)
if your obs have a different resolution, then plot that separate and
use overlay(obsplot,
wrfplot)

Some of the examples on the xy page may help though I couldn't find (in
30s) one that really showed the whole process for you

Good luck.