[ncl-talk] Bug in NCL 6.3.0 vector plot?

Robert Redl rxschuster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 10:09:03 MDT 2015

Dear NCL Team,

I have a script where in several procedures different plots are created. One of these procedures creates a vector map plot using 2d coordinates stored in lon2d/lat2d attributes. All variables used in the procedures are declared as local. This used to work fine for NCL 6.2.1 and earlier, but I get a segmentation fault with version 6.3.0.

Attached is a minimal example witch reproduces the error.
I’m using NCL Version: ncl_ncarg-6.3.0.Linux_RHEL6.4_x86_64_gcc447

Running the code without a procedure works fine, no errors.
Running the code without a procedure but with a final delete(wks) statement reproduces the error.
Creating an identical vector plot with 1d coordinates within a procedure works fine, no errors.

Thanks for looking into that!

Robert