[ncl-talk] issues interpolating data from NCEP to WRF coordinates

Michael Stone mrstone at Colorado.EDU
Mon Jun 8 14:28:27 MDT 2015

Hi All,

I'm having issues interpolating data using the rgrid2rcm function from NCEP
to WRF coordinates. After interpolation there is a strip of missing data
and I'm having a very difficult time figuring out exactly why that is.

Attached you'll find the script I'm running to interpolate the data, a plot
of where the missing values occur, and the location of the lats/lons that
are missing. The NCEP data is just air temperature (although I'm trying to
do many variables) and I put a single year on the NCAR ftp server under "
air.1950.nc". There is also a file "geo_em.d01.nc" that represents the WRF
grid to interpolate to that is necessary for the script to run located on
the ftp.

ncl -V

6.2.0

uname -a

Linux vardar.colorado.edu 2.6.32-504.12.2.el6.i686 #1 SMP Sun Feb 1
12:14:25 EST 2015 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Thanks for the help.

Michael