[ncl-talk] pdfxy_conform

Laura Fowler laura at ucar.edu
Fri Jun 5 14:26:10 MDT 2015

Hello:

I am trying to use the function pdfxy_conform to calculate the joint
probability distribution for two different data sets of precipitation
(in mm per hour). I use 50 bins for nbinx and nbiny.

When I calculate and plot the probability density functions of the
individual precipitation data sets as a function of the bin number
using pdfx, I need to use res at xyYStyle = "Log" to plot the data as the
distribution decreases very rapidly.

How can I do the same thing with pdfxy_conform using gsn_csm_xy instead?

Thanks,
Laura

--
Laura D. Fowler