[ncl-talk] HDF to netcdf

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue Jun 2 11:39:52 MDT 2015

"plot"  ???

or do you meant "convert" h5 to netCDF/ASCII/GRIB ?

===
NCL can handle h5 files directly ... no need to create a separate file.

===

You should have the 6.3.0 release of NCL.

There is an example using Global Precipitation Measurement (GPM) Mission

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/HiResPrc.shtml

gpm_1.ncl   ... read/plots

There is a sample script that takes the h5 GPM file and creates a netCDF
file.

Click on:  gpm_hdf2nc.ncl

Note: It is **your responsibility** to carefully examine the contents of
the h5 file you want to process.