[ncl-talk] contour plot using gridded 1-D latitude, 1-D longitude, and 1-D data

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 28 12:52:53 MDT 2015

Yes ... tI is "feasible"

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/station.shtml
Example 1

Basically, you read the data [ 1d ] , lat [1d], lon [1d]

  res at trGridType                 = "TriangularMesh"
  res at sfXArray                    = lon
  res at sfYArray                    = lat

;;res at mpFillOn                    = False
  res at cnFillMode                 = "RasterFill"   ; faster for very
high resolution

 plot = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,data,res)