[ncl-talk] gsn_csm_contour_map_ce at high resolution

Ruben van Hooidonk rubski at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 12:33:21 MDT 2015

Hi,

When I try to plot a large map (the Pacific ocean) of high resolution data
(in this case ~4km), the data gets aggregated in larger pixels.

I've uploaded an image where I've zoomed in on Hawaii to illustrate the
issue/feature. It is the same data plotted using:
mpres at mpMinLatF             = 18.
mpres at mpMaxLatF             =  23.
mpres at mpMinLonF             = -161.
mpres at mpMaxLonF             =  -154.

And the image on the left bottom is plotted using:
mpres at mpMinLatF             = -35.
mpres at mpMaxLatF             = 35.
mpres at mpMinLonF             = 98.
mpres at mpCenterLonF          = 190.

http://i.imgur.com/bTrMg8a.png

I want to know, is there a way that I can plot the data at the actual
resolution?

I'm using:
  wks_type at wkAntiAlias="Off"
  mpres at cnFillMode       = "RasterFill"       ; Raster Mode
  mpres at mpDataResolution="Finest"
In both plots.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Ruben