[ncl-talk] contour line labels not showing

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Mon Jul 27 10:53:56 MDT 2015

Hi Dave,
I do not see anything amiss with your code, but sometimes the default line
labels can be sparse. See example #6 here on how to increase the number of
line labels:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/contourLab.shtml#ex6

If the above does not help or if you have additional questions please
respond to ncl-talk.
Adam

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 4:33 AM, David Craig <dcdavemail at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am having trouble with contour line labels. They don't seem to appear
> on my map. A short example of how I call them is given below. Anyone see
> what the problem is?
> thanks,
> Dave

> ; ================================================;
>

> begin
>

>    minlat = 48
>    maxlat = 65
>    minlon = -21
>    maxlon = 0
>
>    g = addfile("/data/davcra/GEBCO/GEBCO_2014_2D.nc", "r")
>    e = g->elevation({minlat:maxlat},{minlon:maxlon})
>
>    wks = gsn_open_wks("png", "map")               ; open a file
>

>    res                       = True     ; plot mods desired
>
>    res at cnFillOn                       = False     ; turn on/off color fill
>    res at cnLinesOn                      = True      ; turn on/off contour
> lines
>    res at cnLineLabelsOn                 = True      ; turn on/off contour
> line labels
>    res at cnLevelSelectionMode           = "ExplicitLevels"      ; set
> explicit contour levels
>    res at cnLevels                       = (/ -1000., -300., -150./)  ; set
> levels
>
>    res at mpMinLatF            = minlat      ; range to zoom in on
>    res at mpMaxLatF            = maxlat
>    res at mpMinLonF            = minlon
>    res at mpMaxLonF            = maxlon
>    res at gsnAddCyclic         = False    ; data already has cyclic point
>
>    plot = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,e, res)
>
> end

Adam Phillips