[ncl-talk] Library problem - a script in NCL

Negin Moghaddam negin.f.moghaddam at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 22:07:53 MDT 2015

Dear NCL group,

I have a problem with running script which is written in NCL/NCAR

As you can see I tried to run this script but I had an error with the
libraries. I have already got the X11 and Xext on my PC and I dont know
where the problem is and how to fix it.

Thank you for your response and help
Negin

[negin@ Modelling]$ ncargf77 -o plot_points.x plot_points.f
/usr/bin/gfortran -fPIC -fno-second-underscore -fno-range-check -fopenmp -O
-o plot_points.x plot_points.f -L/usr/local/ncl-6.3.0/lib
-L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lncarg -lncarg_gks -lncarg_c -lX11 -lXext -lcairo
-lfontconfig -lpixman-1 -lfreetype -lexpat -lpng -lz -lpthread -lXrender
-lbz2
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXext
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The IT told me to reconfigure ncargf77 but I dont know how to do that?

Best Regards
Negin