[ncl-talk] Freeze plot in animation?

Sebastian Otarola-Bustos Sebastian.F.Otarola-Bustos.1 at nd.edu
Sun Jul 12 18:51:44 MDT 2015

Hello,

I'm trying to do a time animation that consist in 2 plots, SLP colormap,
and over that I would like to plot topography contours. But the thing is
that as I've created the workstation inside the loop, I have to plot
topography(ter) every time, and the labels of the contours change their
positions in every image. I would like this labels to be always in the same
place(as topograpgy is a static field), so I think I have to freeze the
first terrain plot, but I don't know how to do that. And I also cannot plot
this outside the loop, because I need to create the workstation inside the
loop because at the end I create an animation from all the .png files.

Here is the part of the script I was talking about.

* do n=0,ntimes-1*
*      wks = gsn_open_wks("png","animate"+sprinti("%02i",n))    ;
animate_00.png, animate_01.png, etc*
*      print("Trabajando en el tiempo: " + times(n))*
*      res at gsnRightString  = "    Tiempo:  "+ times(n)*
*      res at gsnDraw = False*
*      res at gsnFrame = False*
*      plotB = gsn_csm_contour(wks,SLP(n,:,:),res)*
*      plotA = gsn_csm_contour(wks,ter(:,:),ter_res)*
*      map = gsn_csm_map(wks,map_res)*
*      overlay(map,plotB)*
*      overlay(map,plotA)*
*      draw(map)*