[ncl-talk] Errors in iso_3.ncl script

Melissa Gervais, Ms melissa.gervais at mail.mcgill.ca
Mon Jul 6 09:47:59 MDT 2015

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is where such errors should be reported but I wanted to report some errors in the iso_3.ncl script available on the NCL website at: https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/iso_3.ncl

Firstly, there is an error in the constant c_pd.  In the code it is 10004 J / kgK but it should be 1004.

Secondly, there is an error in the units in the thetaE calculation.  This can be fixed if the specific humidity is in g/Kg instead of kg/kg as suggested.

Thanks,
Melissa

Melissa Gervais, PhD Candidate
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
McGill University
Room 945, Burnside Hall
805 Sherbrooke Street WEst
Montreal, Quebec H3A 0B9